Friday, December 30, 2005

Un-kept Promises

Back at the beginning of these articles, it was stated, “this [blog] is primarily directed at Christians…and the substantive ‘proofs’ of my ‘Arguments’ are based on the Bible, there are many principles and practices that anyone can understand to improve their ‘quality of life’ by reducing the ‘Stress’ that debt places on one.” ("Terrifying Truth!").

It is true. Many of the principles and practices expounded in these articles will work for anyone that is in debt. However, there is a serious drawback to this approach. If one is not a Christian, one cannot claim ANY of the promises from God. God is very particular about His promises. They are for His children. While one can get out of debt following the advice and plans, one misses all of the ‘guaranteed’ blessings. Additionally, one misses both a personal relationship with God and the guarantee of an eternity of fellowship with Him.

I encourage you to make a commitment to Him. What does that mean? If you are not a ‘Christian’ or if one does not know if one is a Christian, you are encouraged to embrace God’s love and His gift, eternal life, a ‘not guilty’ verdict on judgement day.
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23. That means everyone needs to ‘be right’ with God. One cannot enter into fellowship with Him if one is “short of the glory of God”. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 Jesus Christ bridges the ‘gap’ between what we are (sinners) and what we can be, united in fellowship with God through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ did that by His sacrifice on the cross.

If you do not know that relationship is part of your life, I encourage you to accept the gift of God, His Son’s sacrifice.

“Dear Lord Jesus I am a sinner. I believe that you died for my sins. Forgive my sins. Right now I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I receive you as my personal Lord and Savior. Through the help of the Holy Spirit I will serve you all the days of my life.”

If one is unsure, it is suggested that one read “From the 'Damned' - You Don’t Have To Be!” and the three part series “Judged” at ‘Views on History, Politics and Religion’.

One then becomes an ‘adopted’ ‘child of God’. As a ‘child of God’, one CAN claim all the promises here, as well as all the inherited promises of God. There are promises upon promises for us, and an everlasting unity of fellowship and family.

Welcome to the ‘Family’!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home